In Jurand Abogados y Consultores Tributarios you will find the Specialist Adoption Lawyer you need to meet all the requirements established in the adoption law in Spain.
What requirements are necessary for adoption?
If you want to start an adoption process, you must know the requirements for adoption in Spain, which can be found in art. 175 of the Civil Code.
- Having reached 25 years of age. If your spouse or the person you live with is already over 25 years old, you do not have to be that age as well.
- The adopter must be at least fourteen years older than the adoptee, except when the spouse or partner adopts the child of the other spouse or partner.
- Between the adopter and the adoptee, the age must not be greater than forty years.
- The adopter must have full capacity to exercise of their civil rights and the economic and psychological conditions necessary to assume this responsibility.
- The couple must have lived together for at least two years.
- Submit the procedures for adoption in the corresponding adoption record
Adoption process and duration
The adoption process begins by submitting the corresponding request to the Child Protection Services of their respective Autonomous Communities. After this step, applicants are placed on a waiting list to be assessed as eligible.
This assessment process is carried out through interviews, home visits and presentation of documentation. And it is in this process when the adoption lawyer or family lawyer accompanies and advises the couple .
The authorities study all the reports until they decide to grant or deny the suitability of applicants. When the couple is valued and recognized as suitable for adoption, they are put on a selection list , for the purpose of proposing the assignment of a minor, formalizing the pre-adoptive foster care (administrative or judicial). < / p>
Then the process of coupling of the minor in the family home begins and then the adoption proposal by the public entity is presented.
Finally, the judge After evaluating the documentation and the prosecutor’s report, the adoption order is issued and finally the registration will be made in the Civil Registry, for the purpose of modifying the surnames.
Do you need to ask us a question?
Who can adopt in Spain?
Although we have previously mentioned the requirements to adopt in Spain, these may vary depending on the Autonomous Community in which the people are. Since the adoption is of autonomic competence.
The country in which the adoption is to be carried out will also be taken into account, since its own legislation will be taken into account during the process.
Types of adoption that exist
- Open Adoption : Adoption parents and biological parents know each other’s identity and there is direct contact.
- Closed Adoption strong >: The adoptive and biological parents carry out the process through a third party, they do not have any type of contact.
- International Adoption.
- Adoption Single parent.
- Independent adoption.
- Stepmother-stepfather adoption.
- Full Adoption.
- Simple Adoption.
We help you in the adoption process
Our adoption lawyer will provide you with the necessary advice in each part of the national or international adoption process , ensuring that you meet all the requirements and helping you expedite the adoption.
In our law firm you will find a great team with extensive experience in family law and international law.
Tell us about your case
Send us your query
Basic information on Data Protection Responsible: JURAND S.L; Purpose: To attend to your request and send you commercial communications; Legitimation: Execution of a contract, consent of the interested party, legitimate interest of the Responsible; Recipients: No data will be transferred to third parties, except legal obligation; Rights: You have the right to access, rectify and delete the data, as well as other rights, indicated in the additional information, which you can exercise by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org a> o C / LUIS AMADOR. 26. GRANADA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BUSINESS CENTER; Origin: The interested party; Additional information: www.jurandlaw.com .